Girls Code IT!
Engaging young girls in computer science this summer.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
$125, or $100 if students register before May 28*
Open to students entering Grades 4 - 6 in the Fall
*Note: This camp takes place on the East Campus
In a week long summer program hosted at Brentwood School, we will teach the fundamentals of programming and computational thinking in a fun, creative environment. Our goal is to increase young women's confidence in their computing abilities, build valuable leadership skills, and associate fun with technology in an environment of empowerment. Snacks and transportation for field trips (dates TBD) are provided. Classrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Enjoy fun, educational field trips that expose young girls to technology
- Develop an understanding of basic programming language Scratch to build confidence in computer science abilities
- Engage with the fun and creative side computer science and see how technology plays a part in every career path
- Learn more about the implications of the Digital Divide
- Be empowered by strong female role models and a support system of peers
- Enjoy a culminating celebration of the week on Friday—parents are invited!
- Receive a t-shirt and a swag bag