Your child will not want to miss out on the chance to imagine, tinker, and invent prototypes that they can take home with them this summer. Camp Invention will generate excitement and encourage a passion for innovation that will open up a world of brand new possibilities.
July 30 - August 3, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. daily
Every year our curriculum changes, keeping Camp Invention fresh and fun. This year is no exception as we introduce Fast Forward. All of the following modules are part of the Fast Forward program, and your child will get to participate in all of them during their week at Camp Invention!
Here’s what’s on deck for Fast Forward in 2018.
Mod My Mini Mansion™
Campers will dream up and design their very own futuristic smart home filled with gadgets, LED’s, technology and innovation! Campers will:
- Make their own take-home mini mansions and explore renewable sources to power up their eco smart homes.
- Discover the Internet of Things and how smart devices are connected and controlled.
- Change letters into numbers using binary code to create a message.
Robotic Pet Vet™
Animal shelters are reporting that malfunctioning robotic dogs have been popping up all over town! Throughout this module, campers diagnose puppy problems and design and build dog parks as they hammer out ideas for the best dog park attraction. Campers will:
- Use tools to take apart robotic dogs and compare their inner mechanics to the anatomy and physiology of a real dog.
- Analyze simple machines and circuits used to make the dog move, bark and light up.
- Customize their own robotic dog to take home!
Campers will launch into the future with their own Optibot – a small self-driving bot that senses changes in light. Exploring the technology behind transportation, children will design the ultimate futuristic vehicle that might one day be reality! Campers will:
- Design tracks for their bots to follow while exploring different modes of transportation.
- Explore impact sensors using a small-scale crash test dummy and discover how sensors are used in vehicles.
- Personalize their own line tracing robot to take home!
Stick To It™
Campers will invent something new every day as they explore what it is like to be a physicist, engineer and entrepreneur. Your young innovator will invent, make and craft solutions to real-world challenges by building their own prototypes and discovering that anything is possible. Campers will:
- Make their own dancing dinosaur using a mechanical gear box in the “Dance to Your Own Beat” challenge.
- Build a plush cupcake catapult in the “It Will Be a Piece of Cake” challenge.
- Explore chemistry, non-Newtonian fluids and magnetism as they investigate magnetic slime.