8:30 a.m - 2:30 p.m. daily
The Service Learning Week is designed to allow Brentwood School students the opportunity to earn between 30 and 40 hours towards Benefacta status. Brentwood School offers rising 9th and 10th Grade students a chance to participate in several different service experiences for one week in the summer. This program is designed to introduce students to various populations in the Los Angeles area; the work is all very “hands-on” and active.
There are 40 available spots and students must attend all sessions. Students should bring a sack lunch daily.
Coordinator: Jim Hughes, Upper School Director of Service Learning at Brentwood School
- OPICA – An adult day services center catering to seniors with dementia.
- Bread and Roses Cafe – A restaurant run by St. Joseph’s Church that services low income families.
- Westside Children’s Center – A day care facility for low-income and foster children.
- Project Angel Food – A program that prepares meals for the critically ill.
- Friends of Animals – A no-kill animal rescue.