Sharpen your photography skills and learn new techniques with our Photography Camp. Learn to get your camera off the automatic modes. This course will be a bootcamp to learn the basics of photography and way beyond!
8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. daily
Discover how to adapt a technical understanding of photography to real world situations. Get a glimpse into the world of being a professional photographer. This class will be fun, with a lot of hands-on shooting.
Topics will include:
- Understanding settings of a camera including using a camera in manual mode with flash
- Understanding how to select strong images from a shoot
- Portrait, sports, news, and event photography
- Studio portrait lighting with hands-on experience including professional results without the need for expensive equipment
- How to adjust to different lighting situations
- Journalistic integrity of images
- How technology is affecting the photojournalism world
- Exploring different sources of light and how they affect a photograph
If your student does not have a camera, please contact the camp when registering. Cameras will be available on loan.About the instructor: Danny Moloshok is a freelance photographer creating content for newspapers, magazines, and the online world. He has extensive experience photographing major professional sports, high-profile Hollywood events, portraits, and news. He regularly photographs for wire services such as Associated Press and Reuters. You can view some of his work at www.molophoto.com. Danny is a Brentwood School Alumnus who started by photographing for the yearbook and Flyer. He enjoys being back on campus and is excited to teach eager students