Your child will not want to miss out on the chance to imagine, tinker, and invent prototypes that they can take home with them this summer. Camp Invention will generate excitement and encourage a passion for innovation that will open up a world of brand new possibilities.
July 31 - August 4, 2017
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. daily
Every year our curriculum changes, keeping Camp Invention fresh and fun. This year is no exception as we introduce Launch. ALL of the following modules are part of the Launch program, and your child will get to participate in all of them during their week at Camp Invention!
Here’s what’s on deck for Launch in 2017.
Duct Tape Billionaire™
We’re looking for a risk-taking, duct-taping dynamo to start the next big accessory business! Your child will experience invention with a twist in Duct Tape Billionaire. Children can choose to explore their imaginations and invent from scratch, or they can select a basic design to make their own. They explore patents, hear how to launch a business, and present their products to mock investors.
- Engage in creative thinking to design and build their own duct tape creations
- Explore invention from a real-world point of view
- Practice the same skills entrepreneurs use to launch a new product
Mission Space Makers™
This mission takes your child out of this world to locate and prepare a new planet for human habitation. Mission Control sends teams challenges to design inventions that transform the atmosphere, terrain, and ecosystem of an exoplanet. They set up a Space Lab to hatch eggs and grow crystal trees, take on the jobs of tomorrow, and explore beyond our galaxy.
- Experience the power of rocket science by building and launching rubber band rockets
- Explore National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductees and NASA engineers who have developed telescopes, micro cameras for Mars rovers, and instruments that investigate planets outside of our solar system
- Work together to grow real plants as well as their interest in science and space
Have A Blast™
Your child will fling, fly, and float through high-energy air battles while using physics to boost their advantage. Children engineer a variety of working tools, including “snowball” throwers, a giant air cannon, and more. Everyone builds their own high-tech Bubble Blaster with flashing lights to take home. This summer, Have A Blast that will last a lifetime.
- Apply principles of engineering to create a castle from cardboard and design a pulley system to raise a castle flag
- Build an air cannon that demonstrates how air moves in response to force
- Explore aerodynamics to blast water rockets made from plastic bottles more than 50 feet in the air
Operation Keep Out™
A young inventor’s dream come true, children create the ultimate Spy Gadget Alarm Box to keep treasures secure! They must decode a note written in invisible ink to find a missing tool, use spy glasses to catch a toy thief, and discover that both spies and engineers write in secret codes!
- Take apart non-working machines and devices to investigate their inner operations
- Explore how the mechanical and electrical machine parts might be used in a Spy Gadget Alarm Box
- Express ideas for their Spy Gadget Alarm Box through writing and sketching